The Filipino-American Chamber of Commerce of Utah, also known as FILAMCCU, was established in 2014 to support the Filipino-Americans who are interested in starting, developing, and promoting their business and those who are interested in being involved in the Filipino-American business community locally and abroad.
Our leaders and members share a common passion for excellence in business and professional growth. As a strong advocate of small businesses and business ownership among Filipino-Americans, FILAMCCU aims to encourage, educate, develop, empower, and promote aspiring and successful entrepreneurs, small business owners, professionals, and our youth.
FILAMCCU provides leadership and helps further the goals and interests of Utah’s Filipino-American businesses and professionals and the community by:
• acting as the spokesperson and advocate for our members and the community
• helping businesses stay alive, grow, and prosper
• assisting in the formation of new businesses
• assisting in the professional growth of its members
• providing educational and business support, tools, and resources, and mentorship
• connecting our members with potential customers, suppliers, and valuable partnerships and investors
• supporting the well-being of the community
• increasing job opportunities and contributing to the overall economic stability of the community and the state of Utah
The Filipino-American Chamber of Commerce of Utah (FILAMCCU) is the Utah chapter of the Federation of Philippine American Chambers of Commerce, Inc. (FPACC).
Our organizational values embraced by our leaders in directing our governance and activities are:
Excellence – Meeting the highest expectations
Integrity – Demonstrating honesty, trustworthiness, accountability, and transparency in action and intent
Stewardship – Respecting and protecting community resources and members
Inclusiveness – Respecting, valuing, encouraging, and celebrating the participation and diverse voices of our members and community
Diversity & Inclusion – Committed to support and promote an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for businesses and the community .
Our mission is to serve and be the most influential business advocate of the Filipino-American community in Utah and help businesses and professionals thrive.
Our vision is to build a vibrant and prosperous community in which businesses and professionals can grow and prosper through advocacy and providing access to leaders, economic developments, connectivity, education, and resources.
• Leadership & Membership Meetings
• Chamber Gala & Business Awards
• Business Expo and Job Fairs
• Inter-Chamber and Inter-Org Activities & Events
• Business Directory
• Chamber Newsletter
• Event Programs & Sponsorships
• Social Media Advertising and Promotion
• Chamber Referrals
• Educational Seminars, Trainings, and Workshops
• Business and Professional Development tools and resources
• Business Opportunities and Partnerships
• Business Support and Mentorship
• Support and Collaboration with other organizations and community groups in Utah especially with those for the Filipino-Americans
• Fundraising and Outreach programs
• Youth programs
• Diversity & Minority programs
• New Member Business Starter Bundle
• Free or discounted tickets to events
• Member to Member Deals
• Sponsor Deals and Freebies
• Leadership Eligibility and voting rights
• Premium listing on the Business & Services Directory
What is a Chamber of Commerce?
A chamber of commerce is a non-profit local organization comprise of voluntary partnership of businesses and professionals working together to support business and professional development and improve the economic, civic, and cultural well-being of the community and the area. The Chamber’s mission is creating an environment in which businesses can prosper and the economic welfare of the community can improve.
Who are Chamber members?
A chamber of commerce is ran by its members, led by appointed and/or elected leaders. Chamber members are businesses, organizations, and individuals concerned with the socioeconomic climate and success of their business and the community. All leaders and members volunteer their own time and money for the organization and the community.
How is a Chamber financed?
A Chamber gets its funding from membership fees, sponsorships, and donations. All proceeds go to the organization’s events and activities for its member and general expenses for providing services to its members.
And with our new leadership team and their transparency value, all our finances will be properly documented and financial reports will be available to its leaders and members by request.
How can being a Chamber member help you?
• As a small business owner, it is imperative that you network. The Chamber of Commerce gives you the opportunity to meet with other local business owners and network. It also presents business owners in a positive light to the community.
• The Chamber of Commerce is a strong advocate for small businesses, business ownership, and professional growth. They can help provide support, tools, and resources to expand the outreach of local businesses, sharpen your business skills and knowledge, and help you be successful.
• Being a member of the Chamber of Commerce is a cost-effective marketing opportunity for your business. You get advertising and marketing perks. Many people use their local Chamber as an authority to find products and services. That promotion spills over to your ability to market business to business because you will have access to the list of other business owner members. Local Chambers also receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for referrals of local businesses, which then helps you acquire more customers.
• Increase your visibility in the community. As a member of the chamber of commerce, you will be listed in the chamber newsletter, and online directory, and will have the opportunity to be highlighted in other chamber publications. You also can grow your business by advertising with the chamber and sponsoring events. The chamber may also promote your grand opening/ ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
• Newsletters provide new member information, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local business community, and details about up-and-coming chamber events.
• It adds credibility to your business when you are a member. You increase the positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of a chamber of commerce.
• Being a member also lets you gain a voice in government and the community. Chambers of Commerce may support/oppose new regulations, taxes, assessments and costs that will impact small businesses.
• And many more!!!